These are delicious, filling and good for you! I usually eat them with sausage for breakfast or as a side dish to beans, rice and avocado.
- 4 Ripe Plantains (they should be soft, dull yellow-brown-patches of black and easy to peel)
- 4 Tbsp of Coconut Oil for cooking
- Salt to flavor
- Peel and cut plantains diagonally or round, into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat
- Fry plantains (work in batches) for 1-2 minutes, flip and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until browned. You can add more oil, as needed, to prevent sticking
- Sprinkle with sea salt, to taste